Summary: The General Manager (GM) for Airline Hotels Ltd. provides leadership in a way that fosters Airline’s Guiding Principles. The GM guides a team to deliver superior customer satisfaction and advance associate development. While coordinating the senior leaders to run the day to day operations of the hotel, the GM is responsible for the co-creation and the implementation of Airline’s standards and strategies and in some cases the implementation of a Brand’s standards in all hotels. The GM provides analysis, feedback, and recommendations to ensure Airline’s objectives are achieved in each pillar while implementing the required tactics to make this happen.
Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities: (Abbreviated)
- Ensure ‘customers’ are treated as guests in our own homes.
- Provides direction and oversight to all guest service functions and processes to ensure they are executed at a high level.
- Ensures inadequacies are acted on immediately in the short term and actions are taken to ensure repeatable processes are problem free.
- Ensure their region’s priorities align with Airline’s to ensure the organization’s growth and legacy is continued.
- Produces and actions business plans that support the organization’s and region’s needs. This includes the production or implementation of repeatable, best practice processes for their region and/or the organization.
- Demonstrates an affiliative relationship with peers and head office to ensure all Airline procedures and policies are followed and improved upon including Sales, Marketing, Revenue Management, IT, Accounting and Human Resources.
- Ensures the franchise agreements are maintained to the required levels.
- Ensure the culture of family: working hard, personal growth and accountability to one another (associates) is maintained.
- Produces region-wide associate communication that creates associate confidence about making decisions on the job.
- Demonstrates a high level of commitment to processes that allow associates to clearly see how their work adds to our family’s success and their continuous learning in different areas of the business and life.
- Ensures their team is making difference in their community.
- Creates and maintains a culture where all associates give back to the community they live in.
Education, Experience, & Skills: (Abbreviated)
- University Degree in business is preferred but not required.
- 10+ years of hospitality or comparable progressive experience leading (a diverse work force-age, race, etc…), coaching and managing teams, including a strong foundation in operations and preferably food & beverage.
Demonstrated proficiency in the following competencies:
- Interacts with associates, management and the public at large.
- Office environment
- Light to heavy level of physical effort
- High level of mental effort
- High level of sensory attention; sight and hearing
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Travel as required
- Overtime as required
Please email your resume to Jaret Waddell | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified applicants will be contacted
Airline Hotels is an equal opportunity employer that supports workforce diversity and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Airline Hotels welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process, including during the interview process, when requested.
Position: General Manager
Location: Travelodge Saskatoon
Wage Range: TBA
Anticipated start date: April 19, 2021
Job Status: Full-Time – Permanent
Number of Vacancies: 1